HCL Framework using Azure Kubernetes Services
Kubernetes is a modern development approach that is rapidly becoming the standardized methodology for the management of cloud-native applications in a production environment.
What is AKS?
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) offers serverless Kubernetes, an integrated continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) experience and enterprise-grade security and governance. Unite your development and operations teams on a single platform to rapidly build, deliver and scale applications with confidence.
Basic features of Azure Kubernetes service includes:
- Pay only for the nodes (VMs)
- Easier cluster upgrades
- Integrated with various Azure and OSS tools and services
- Kubernetes RBAC and Azure Active Directory Integration
- Enforce rules defined in Azure Policy across multiple clusters
- Kubernetes can scale your Nodes using cluster autoscaler
- Expand your scale even greater by scheduling your containers on Azure Container Instances
Case Study: HCL Technologies
HCL Technologies is using Azure Kubernetes service in order to form a new framework with multiple use cases with it.
- HCL’s fully managed Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) cluster allows the deployment and management of containerized applications with ease.
- The AKS cluster offers server-less Kubernetes, an integrated continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) experience, and enterprise-grade security and governance.
- HCL’s AKS experts develop cloud-native apps using open standards, patterns for design, technology best practices, and reference-able templates.
- HCL offers an accelerated AKS implementation methodology encompassing reusable automation scripts for DevOps.
This is how HCL Technologies is using the Azure Kubernetes services.
Lets have some discussion about the HCL AKS Framework.
HCL AKS FRAMEWORK
There is an image that can briefly describe about the architecture of HCL AKS Framework.
Benefits of HCL AKS Framework
The benefits of this framework in different aspects are:
- Efficient resource utilization with the automated deployment and management of containerized applications.
- Faster application development helps in reducing the overall deployment and testing timeframes with auto upgrades, patching, and other automated processes. Thus, it saves developers considerable time on developing apps. while remaining more productive.
- Security and compliance with HCL’s AKS offering enables secured API access and limited container access that secures the image, runtimes, and automated builds, resource access, and digital vaults, etc.
- Cost effectiveness with Azure Infrastructure enables you to reduce the total cost of ownership and access low-cost IT infrastructure. With rapid, on-demand provisioning of infrastructure, it helps to minimize the overheads.
USE CASES of HCL AKS
The Scenarios/use cases offered by HCL AKS are:
- Managing spikes “on demand”
- Offers fast and reliable service quality during seasonal and high-traffic demand periods
- Faster user experience with a low-latency data access, globally
- High availability across multiple data centers
2. Secure DevOps using AKS
Greater team agility with streamlined DevOps without compromising security.
3. IoT data streaming
- Provides the requisite compute and storage with elasticity and helps analyze and ingest data.
- Helps to connect seamlessly with the backend data with secured API integrations
Not only HCL Technologies, but many other Companies are using Azure Kubernetes service because of some of its features that are:
- Elastic Provisioning
- Faster end-to-end development experience
- Most comprehensive authentication and authorization capabilities
- Available in more regions than any other cloud provider
Hope this blog helped you in understanding how Azure Kubernetes service is help the industries in different different ways and how the market is growing up with these amazing 🤩services.
Keep Sharing, Keep Learning✨